Burn Rooster/Inferno (Mega Man X8)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Burn Rooster is one of the 8 Mavericks in Mega Man X8. While he puts on a good fight, reaching him, however, is a different story.
Why They Suck
- The level has two irritating downwards auto-scrolling sections, really easy to take damage thanks to flying enemies, exploding boxes, lasers, and the fast scrolling itself, so it's just as easy to mess up a jump & fall off-screen to your death.
- In-between both auto-scrolling sections, there is a long hallway filled with lovely insta-kill spikes, forcing you to do really precise jumps.
- After defeating Burn Rooster (itself a decent fight), the stage gives you one last punch in the gut with ANOTHER auto-scrolling section instead of ending the level right there like a good Mega Man game should. Here, you have to climb the platforms (that fall after touching them because why not) and escape from the lava flowing upwards.
- Useless weapons; X gets a slow fire wave with a short vertical range, Zero gets a crappy rip-off of his Quake Blazer from X5 that is really hard to use without getting contact damage & Axl gets a slow-starting, short-ranged fire-thrower.
- The level itself is nothing but trial-and-error, even for this franchise. Even when you do get the hang of it, it's still infuriating by all the evil surrounding it.
- The weapons are Bamboo Pandemonium's weakness, making him burn and try to fan himself in reaction. Enkoujin/Enkoukyaku and a fully-charged Melt Creeper deal some great damage.
- Speaking of a fully-charged Melt Creeper, it's useful against enemies stationed on the ground. And it travels in both directions, so that's a plus.
- Burn Rooster's fight is decent.
- The music is still great.