Historic Car Cup Rome Circuit (Gran Turismo 2)
Historic Car Cup is a race series in Gran Turismo 2, found in the second line-up of the Special Event category. It is a race between historic cars.
This event covers in the second race in Rome Circuit due of its notoriously high difficulty due to the fact that the Ford GT40 appears despite being restricted to 295hp.
Why This Race Sucks
- While four of five opponents are driving historic cars that has 190-200 horsepower, one of the possible opponents is a 305HP Ford GT40 even though the event is restricted to cars with 295HP or lower.
- Due to the aforementioned horsepower the GT40 accelerates much faster and has great handling and they decimate the rest of the opponents so you must use a decent car to beat it.
- Also worst of all, you can't even use the Ford GT40 in this event due to the aforementioned power restriction! unless if you use the "No restriction" Gameshark cheat.
- Sometimes the Ford GT40 will not appear in the starting grid which would make the event easy, but this has a 1% chance of happening.
- Worst of all, there is a chance that the Ford GT40 will start the race in 1st place, making the event nearly impossible.
- In rare occasions you will deal with two Ford GT40s which increases the difficulty even more.
- If you suffer from spinouts (which is very common to occur in FR and MR cars regardless if you set the TCS to the maximum which prevents the spinouts) you're screwed up!.
- The Ford GT40 became a internet meme thanks to Youtuber BK4 and it's catchprase "HE'S THERE!!!" is very memorable.
- According to WIS #4, if you're lucky enough, you can beat the race easily without dealing with the Ford GT40 although you must still avoid spinouts especially when you use a FR or MR car.
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (KPGC10) '70
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR (CP9A) '98
- Tommy Kaira M30 GTS-R (R32) '91
- Honda Civic Type R EK '97
- Gran Turismo 2 - Historic Car Cup Race (Rome Circuit) PS1 Gameplay HD
Video with Ford GT40.
- HE'S THERE
- Gran Turismo 2 - 23 - Historic Car Cup (100% PT)
Video without GT40.
- He's not there
HE'S NOT THERE
- Gran Turismo 2 Historic Car Cup but with Suzuki Escudo
Escudo beats GT40.
- Historic Car Cup Rome Circuit with the Midget
Midget beats GT40.
- Gran Turismo 2 - Yellow Evo V VS Two Yellow GT40 NEW YEAR SPECIAL 2020
Yellow Lancer Evo 5 vs two Ford GT40s.