Igniz (KOF 2001/2002 UM)
Igniz is the main antagonist and final boss of KOF 2001 & the big finale boss of the N.E.S.T.S. Saga. Much like many other final bosses in the franchise, he is well-known as one of the major cases of the SNK Boss Syndrome. Also in KOF 2002 UM as a possible final boss.
Why He Sucks
- Igniz doesn't have a super meter unlike the other playable characters, which means he can use his supers to his heart's content, much to his delight.
- Much like many other final bosses in fighting games, Igniz does gargantuan damage.
- Igniz's super moves can absolutely annihilate you. The first is a quadruple blast attack to keep you away, the second is his most-used fire pillars and the third and deadliest is Brutal God Project, a rush attack true to its name that deals from 80% of damage to simply being an instant kill depending on how many fighters & strikers you have left, so with more strikers, you can last longer, though not by much.
- Igniz has a reflector shield, meaning that you can't cheese your way to victory via spamming projectiles a la Goenitz.
- His whips deal enormous amounts of damage, and worst yet he can juggle you infinitely with them, granting him free wins in no time.
- Like other fighting game bosses, playing as Igniz is pure broken fun.
- The unlimited supers were removed in KOF 2002 UM.
- Igniz can be unlocked in KOF 2002 UM, and he is one of the most useful characters (alongside Krizalid) if you want to unlock Rugal quickly.