Kamek's appearances (Paper Mario Color Splash)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamek's appearances are a mechanic in Paper Mario Color Splash. The way that this mechanic works is that Kamek will randomly show up at the beginning of battles and mess with Mario's deck of Battle Cards in one of the three following ways:
- Kamek will flip over all of the cards so that the player can't see what card they're using until they play it.
- Kamek will take all but 6 of the player's cards and won't give back the stolen cards unless the player wins the battle.
- Kamek will temporarily change all of the player's cards into copies of one card. (A worn out jump, worn out hammer, replica card, etc.)
Why They Suck
- It's annoying not being able to see what cards you have.
- Kamek disables the run button, so you can't just opt out of the fight.
- The latter 2 methods can lead to unwinnable battles, which due to the aforementioned disabling of the run button, can result in unavoidable Game Overs.
- Even after you win the fight against Kamek, he will still show up and mess with Mario's cards.
- There's no method of stopping it. The Shy Bandit, as annoying as he is, can at least be stopped.
- Thankfully, all of Mario's cards go back to normal after the fight.
- You get 300 coins for beating a fight that Kamek interfered with.
- Kamek only shows up during normal enemy fights and not mini-boss/boss fights.